Zeidman Consulting, a leading research and development company (and sister? company to SAFE Corporation), is looking to hire a full-time software?forensic engineer. Acting as a high-tech sleuth, this person will analyze and reverse-engineer software using CodeSuite? and other state-of-the-art software tools, helping to resolve lawsuits involving hundreds of millions or billions of dollars. The employee will also work on one of several ongoing cutting edge research projects. These projects often lead to publication in academic journals, presentations at conferences, patents, and new product spinoffs. Past and ongoing projects include:
- CodeMatch?, a program for comparing and measuring the similarity of different programs.
- CodeGrid?, a computer grid-enabled version of CodeMatch?.
- RPG, a tool for automatically generating expert reports for copyright, trade secret, and patent litigation.
A successful candidate will need the following attributes:
- At least a bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent. Advanced degree is preferred.
- Excellent programming skills in one or more programming languages.
- Ability to work independently on projects that are not well-defined.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills for creating detailed specifications and reports.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and to switch projects suddenly as the need arises.
- Enjoys working long hours on interesting projects, including weekends when projects hit critical periods.
- Enjoys free time when projects are not in critical periods.
Zeidman Consulting pays above average salaries with profit-sharing and provides health insurance and paid time off for holidays, vacation, and illness. To apply, please email a resume to .
Read More In:
Operations and Legal
Bob Zeidman of Safe Corp discusses issues of software intellectual property, analysis, and forensic engineering.