OUR NETWORK: CompTIA TechLore DijitCommunity TiVoCommunity MyOpenRouter About UsAdvertiseContact Us
The Largest Online Community
for Software CEOs and Executives.

Learn about scoring Forum's Raw Score: 153217.0
April 6, 2009 05:55 AM

Categories: R&D and Quality

Rating (0 votes)
Rate This!

Member Avatar

sharonhawkins

A good hosted Project Management software that suits my EPM needs is called valleyspeak project server, which I found at http://www.valleyspeak.com. One of the main reasons why I like the software is the fact that I could continue to work in Microsoft Project 2007 while sharing my Microsoft Project plans with my teams.

Because it is a hosted service, I did not have to buy expensive software or deal with installation and maintenance headaches. The functionality that I have with valleyspeak to manage my geographically dispersed teams works well for me. We also evaluated Basecamp and some other solutions but were not impressed.

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Comments 1-5 of 5 | Latest Comment

April 7, 2011 8:08 AM

More options you can choose here: http://www.timedoctor.com/blog/2011/02/02/43-project-management-software-alte...

It lists 43 other project management software. There is a short description for every software listed so you will know what the software is. At the middle section of the article you will see a comparison table of all the project management software on the list. The table will show what features the software has, helping you to decide what's best for you depending on your preference of features, functions and budget.

April 8, 2011 1:19 AM

How about basecamphq ?

Chris, Developer, http://www.chrisranjana.com , Software company. Web development.

June 23, 2011 2:54 AM

I have used basecamp before. It's great when you only handle simple projects but I think it's not that good when you handle larger projects. I use a project management software called Latitude and it works well. You can take a look at its features here: www.latibiz.com
I have many clients to track, files and documents that needs to managed, and Latitude helps me with this.

June 23, 2011 2:56 AM

I have used basecamp before. It's great when you only handle simple projects but I think it's not that good when you handle larger projects. I use a project management software called Latitude and it works well. You can take a look at its features here: www.latibiz.com
I have many clients to track, files and documents that needs to managed, and Latitude helps me with this.

October 19, 2011 12:53 AM

Project Planning Software includes scoping, planning various aspects of project management, Recording , Monitoring, Closure. All activities (scope, time, cost, quality, risk, communication, procurement, integration & closure) which need to be completed within the start and end of the project are included in this software. It is an exhaustive exercise of creating a project plan from start till closure.

Project Planning Software is wrongly understood as the software which can help in recording start and end dates and owners and that's it. It is nowhere close to this. Ideal expectation is that, the software should follow all the principals of project management life cycle and have these as features implemented in the software. It should also help in making them automated as and where needed and take it to the lowest level of detail.

Size of the software varies from provider to provider. If you are looking for a specific need of starting-up for project planning with a software, you may want to try some of the open source software's listed on this website.

http://www.pm-software-online.com/

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Back to Top | Comments 1-5 of 5 | Latest Comment

You must login to discuss this item.

Please log in or register to participate in this community!

Remember

Not a member? Sign up!

Did you forget your password?

You can also log in using OpenID.

close this window
close this window