OUR NETWORK: CompTIA TechLore DijitCommunity TiVoCommunity MyOpenRouter About UsAdvertiseContact Us
The Largest Online Community
for Software CEOs and Executives.

Learn about scoring Forum's Raw Score: 75966.0
April 25, 2012 01:08 PM

Categories: M&A and Financing

Rating (0 votes)
Rate This!

Member Avatar

kelaw

I'm trying to scale up my small software business. I have a proven product (an app for a niche market, client/server based, clients in the US, Canada, UK- but small sales numbers) that is ready to scale up in terms of sales and markets. I've been doing this on my own (no employees) for several years and am very limited as such. I don't need massive capital to build the company, probably about $250,000 (this includes funding to develop a web based version of the app). 

I don't have any personal contacts or related industry clients to work with on funding so I need to try to find it elsewhere. There are a lot of sites where you can list your business and business plan like equitynet.com or fundingpost.com. They charge to do this, of course. My question is, does anyone have any experience with this kind of listing, in terms of actually getting funding? They always make it sound rosy but I don't want to throw money away if it's not worth it. Any advice would be great- thanks.

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Comments 1-2 of 2 | Latest Comment

View unverified member's comment - posted by awservice

April 27, 2012 9:39 AM

Yes, I can sell it to the right buyer. I'm trying to look at all options though.

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Comments 1-2 of 2 | Latest Comment

You must login to discuss this item.

Please log in or register to participate in this community!

Remember

Not a member? Sign up!

Did you forget your password?

You can also log in using OpenID.

close this window
close this window