OUR NETWORK: CompTIA TechLore DijitCommunity TiVoCommunity MyOpenRouter About UsAdvertiseContact Us
The Largest Online Community
for Software CEOs and Executives.

Learn about scoring Forum's Raw Score: 119822.0
April 4, 2012 02:55 AM

Categories: Operations and Legal

Rating (0 votes)
Rate This!

Member Avatar

Nancy Cahille

Hello There,

Being a project manager for my company my work is to manage our projects across the world. With a huge resource pool like ours it is really troublesome for me to schedule them. So i wanted some kind of an automated program that would list down all my resources at one place and would let me schedule them then & there. Manual scheduling is just not working for me and is mistake prone. Can someone suggest some kind of software that would do the above mention things along with maintaining well organized and detailed financial and utilization reports of the resources. Not to mention that the software should be smart enough to warn me if i were booking a resource that is already booked by someone. Thanks in advance, it would be really helpful to hear from you all.

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Comments 1-7 of 7 | Latest Comment

April 5, 2012 11:31 AM

Hello friends,

Retain International provides best-in-class resource planning software for organisations of any size. Retain's product suite is designed to help you gain operational efficiencies by more controlled planning. Retain allows you to immediately see issues, make informed planning decisions while ensuring staff are effectively utilised.

Best regards,
Agili Ron

May 10, 2012 6:41 AM updated: May 10, 2012 6:41 AM

Hey Nancy,

I have been using a resource management software to manage my resources. It is eResource Scheduler, the software efficiently manage, plan & schedule my resources which are located remotely. The software has detailed reporting features, time sheet management, their cutting edge drag & drop functionality that allows user to drag and drop the bookings from one resource to other. If you were to take my advice, go for the trial and then see if the software is worth using or not.
www.eresourcescheduler.com

Be Blessed

Ted

May 25, 2012 5:21 AM

Saviom Resource Planning software has great visualisation capabilities containing drag and drop functionalities that are easy to use. It also has the ability to schedule the same resource onto multiple projects at a time and also move bookings around from resource to resource.

June 15, 2012 1:31 PM

Hi Nancy, we've just launched Resource Guru - . It's a fast, simple way to schedule people, equipment and other resources online. It could be just what you're looking for :)

July 13, 2012 3:21 AM

The work of project manager is to manage projects across the world.It is really troublesome a manager to schedule a lot of resources. So if you want some kind of an automated program that would list down all your resources at one place and would let you schedule them. Then advanced planning and scheduling software is the best way to do this.This software reduce the man power and arrange the products easily.

January 9, 2013 11:13 PM

I would agree with jack that advanced planning and scheduling software is the best way to do this.It is pretty cost-effective and can arrange the products effortlessly.

March 6, 2013 7:19 AM updated: December 21, 2013 2:59 AM

I would also suggest you to go with eResource Scheduler which is a good way to schedule and manage your resource and project. The software has various modules with which you would have no hassles in scheduling your resources to different projects. The software also offer other modules such as time sheet management, utilization reports, forecasting reports etc. that makes it a complete resource planning software. I think they offer a full functional free trial as well so that people can get accustomed to the program.

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Back to Top | Comments 1-7 of 7 | Latest Comment

You must login to discuss this item.

Please log in or register to participate in this community!

Remember

Not a member? Sign up!

Did you forget your password?

You can also log in using OpenID.

close this window
close this window