OUR NETWORK: CompTIA TechLore DijitCommunity TiVoCommunity MyOpenRouter About UsAdvertiseContact Us
The Largest Online Community
for Software CEOs and Executives.

Learn about scoring Forum's Raw Score: 110106.0
February 29, 2012 09:42 AM

Categories: Strategy and Leadership

Rating (0 votes)
Rate This!

Member Avatar

recsomu

Recently I gave presentation to some of my collegues , It occurred to me what makes a software product successfull.

Just thought to hear from software company CEOs, What they think makes a software product successfull?

Share your details if you get time..

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Comments 1-4 of 4 | Latest Comment

February 29, 2012 10:51 PM

Lots of wiggle room here:
What is "software," what is "product," and what is "successful"?
Answering those questions will take a few books (some already written).
Maybe a better starting point is simply that enigmatic word "success"; how do *you* define it?

March 1, 2012 5:53 AM

Thanks Bruce Hardley.

I agree your point.

I was thinking in terms of user point, When the product add value to their life or business.

Just would appreciate if you can write down some reference book names in this regards.

March 1, 2012 9:39 AM

Users don't think about software. Users think about their problems. They simply want those problems to go away, as quickly and easily as possible. If you're selling something that makes that happen, they'll buy.

(The one exception: In the enterprise, there is a subset that thinks about software; they're called IT managers. But they are really more like barriers to your customers than they are customers.)

I don't think you need a book about software per se; you need a book about business. Try Amazon, and look for the highest ratings.

March 1, 2012 9:48 AM

Thanks. Appreciate it.

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Comments 1-4 of 4 | Latest Comment

You must login to discuss this item.

Please log in or register to participate in this community!

Remember

Not a member? Sign up!

Did you forget your password?

You can also log in using OpenID.

close this window
close this window