OUR NETWORK: CompTIA TechLore DijitCommunity TiVoCommunity MyOpenRouter About UsAdvertiseContact Us
The Largest Online Community
for Software CEOs and Executives.

Learn about scoring Forum's Raw Score: 147837.0
February 28, 2012 06:26 PM

Categories: Sales and Distribution

Rating (0 votes)
Rate This!

Member Avatar

Surferfast007

Hi, I am the newest guy in town!.  I need some help, I am having an interview with an EVP Sales and he asked me to send him a Sales Plan 30/90/180.  It is the first time I´ve been asked so I am pretty green.  Has to be detailed?. Highlight actions to be taken?. The plan is for Latam and they do direct sales to enterprises and channel sales, OEM´s.... Any ideas? Thanks.

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Comments 1-4 of 4 | Latest Comment

February 29, 2012 11:00 PM

Holy mackerel. Sounds like a trap. How can you write a plan when you haven't even been inside? I will say that LatAm is next to impossible to sell direct, especially to enterprise. It's all about connections (and, to a lesser extent, language and customs). So, your plan should emphasize building great channels -- but without knowing the product, I can't tell you whether that should be focused on geography or industry or something else. As far as OEM possibilities, depends on the product and who's already purchased -- but that's usually kind of a long shot.

February 29, 2012 11:16 PM

Thanks Bruce!. The company makes telephone video apps to run on computers and smartphones for business and system operators wich run over the internet (VoIP desktop and mobile application software). They sell in the Telecommunications sector, VoIp, unified communications and fixed-mobile convergence markets. Customer are large incumbent teleco service providers, internet telephony service providers, OEM´s, enterprises and end user.
No language problem...I am from Spain. They are looking for someone to do startegic sales in Latam

February 29, 2012 11:28 PM updated: February 29, 2012 11:29 PM

OK, you're outta my league, so I can't offer any real expertise. However, I've always been a big fan of the reverse pyramid: Get one or two leaders at the top of your desired market, and the rest will follow. So, for example (and again, I don't know what I'm talking about), I would work really, really hard in Mexico to get inside Telcel and Telmex. In Colombia, Comcel and Orange. In Argentina, Telefonica and Telecom. And so forth and so on -- I'm sure you know the players better than I. In the first 180 days, I'd try to avoid anything that might distract me from getting one or two of those big boys. (In a pinch, it doesn't even have to be a real sale; it could be a joint press release that announces some form of "strategic partnership," blah blah.)

February 29, 2012 11:42 PM

I agree, got to get big guys!. Thanks....will keep you posted....if I get the job :)

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Comments 1-4 of 4 | Latest Comment

You must login to discuss this item.

Please log in or register to participate in this community!

Remember

Not a member? Sign up!

Did you forget your password?

You can also log in using OpenID.

close this window
close this window