OUR NETWORK: CompTIA TechLore DijitCommunity TiVoCommunity MyOpenRouter About UsAdvertiseContact Us
The Largest Online Community
for Software CEOs and Executives.

Learn about scoring Forum's Raw Score: 49540.2
November 12, 2011 02:18 PM

Categories: Marketing and PR

Rating (0 votes)
Rate This!

Member Avatar

guerino1

Hi,

Apologies if I'm posting this in the wrong forum.  I guess this could be viewed as a Sales question, too.

Some background...  The International Foundation for Information Technology (IF4IT) has spent a year buiding a global online open content platform for Information Technology (IT) Professionals.  The platform seems to be growing, rapidly, and we've started to think of different ways to monetize the web site, itself.  We started with the easiest, which was to leverage Google Adsense and are now thinking of taking more advanced steps toward selling direct online advertising, where advertisers could pick the specific web pages that best match their ads and can buy advertising space on such pages for a period of time.

I was wondering if members of the SoftwareCEO community would be able to help answer some questions...

1. Such as in the case of Manufacturers' Reps and Independent Sales Agents, are there people or companies that specialize in acting as independent, commission only agents that find advertisers, with the model that they take a piece of whatever they sell as commission?
  2. If so, what are the typical commission ranges for such services?
  3. Also, what would the payment terms typically be?  (For example, Net 30?)
  4. If there are no such commission only services, what would be the best types of alternatives?

It was also mentioned that this might be desirable working models for stay-at-home parents, too, but I would know how to best engage or follow up on that suggestion.  What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

My Best,

Frank Guerino

Chairman

The International Foundation for Information Technology (IF4IT)

You must login to discuss this item.

Please log in or register to participate in this community!

Remember

Not a member? Sign up!

Did you forget your password?

You can also log in using OpenID.

close this window
close this window