OUR NETWORK:CompTIA TechLore DijitCommunity TiVoCommunity MyOpenRouter About UsAdvertiseContact Us
The Largest Online Community
for Software CEOs and Executives.

Learn about scoring Forum's Raw Score: 63685.2
October 19, 2011 04:00 AM

Categories: Marketing and PR

Rating (0 votes)
Rate This!

Member Avatar

TomkinsonUK

Hi,

I am interested in discussing new ways in which organisations can attract ISVs to their developer organisation. My organisation is about to launch a new enterprise mobility product and a main revenue source is likely to be ISVs. Now, we've all tried the usual methods (email marketing, calling, exhibitions etc) but I feel it's time to be more innovative and have a bit more fun with attracting partners as a lot of those old techniques are saturated now.

Anybody like to share any ideas they have had or have been impressed with? We're big on Social Media and I personally feel that LinkedIn is a great way to network directly with people who you may otherwise not be able to talk to.

What's the best Marketing technique you have seen/used?

thanks.

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Comments 1-5 of 5 | Latest Comment

October 19, 2011 12:15 PM

I feel,

LinkedIn is a good and quality place to be with. Skype is another one.

A continuously changing web site is another tool for the changing need of your customers.

Your existing customers will tell a lot on how you can improve.

Partnering is a great way - it is a marriage with enough power and less ego to tolerate the other partner(s). If you can continue enjoying, you wil produce good results.

Hope this helps
Sabya

November 22, 2011 4:10 PM

Seed 2-3 ISVs to create great products with your service for free. Then use them as case studies and examples. Consider helping to fund some of their develoment costs.

Host an event where ISVs already gather. For example throw a party or networking event at the Microsoft WorldWide Partner Conference.

In the US, many cities have small, very targeted networking groups. For example many cities have "Mobile Monday" where the first Monday of each month regional mobile developers gettogether to listen to a few speakers and talk about mobile development.

Ask you rown developers and technology managers about how they're influenced and learn about new solutions.

December 8, 2011 1:32 AM

Yes, here's a different take on the old methods...

How to Get More Executive Level Sales Appointments: http://www.MoreSalesAppointments.info

December 8, 2011 3:16 AM

ssgindia said: I feel, LinkedIn is a good and quality place to be with. Skype is another one. A continuously changing web site is another tool for the changing need of your customers. Your existing customers will tell a lot on how you can improve. Partnering is a great way - it is a marriage with enough power and less ego to tolerate the other partner(s). If you can continue enjoying, you wil produce good results. Hope this helps Sabya

Interesting, How would you suggest using Skype?

I completely agree about LinkedIn. It is a goldmine of information for companies and a great way to interact with people.

December 8, 2011 3:22 AM

murphypdx said: Seed 2-3 ISVs to create great products with your service for free. Then use them as case studies and examples. Consider helping to fund some of their develoment costs. Host an event where ISVs already gather. For example throw a party or networking event at the Microsoft WorldWide Partner Conference. In the US, many cities have small, very targeted networking groups. For example many cities have "Mobile Monday" where the first Monday of each month regional mobile developers gettogether to listen to a few speakers and talk about mobile development. Ask you rown developers and technology managers about how they're influenced and learn about new solutions.

I'm a big believer in networking events. I like this idea of "Mobile Monday" as well. Some good advice there.

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Back to Top | Comments 1-5 of 5 | Latest Comment

Add Your Reply

(will not be displayed)

Email me when comments are added to this thread

Please log in or register to participate in this community!

Remember

Not a member? Sign up!

Did you forget your password?

You can also log in using OpenID.

close this window
close this window