OUR NETWORK: CompTIA TechLore DijitCommunity TiVoCommunity MyOpenRouter About UsAdvertiseContact Us
The Largest Online Community
for Software CEOs and Executives.

Learn about scoring Forum's Raw Score: 76891.3
May 30, 2005 07:56 AM

Categories: Operations and Legal

Rating (0 votes)
Rate This!

Member Avatar

remydog

I am trying to find in a discussion group or bbb for Best Software's Timeslips program. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Comments 1-4 of 4 | Latest Comment

May 31, 2005 1:14 PM

You might try googling "timeslips trainer" (or "timeslips consultant" or "timeslips install" or etc.) so that you can come up with a list of people who are well-versed in Timeslips -- then ask them where there's an online forum specific to that app.

For example, these guys look like a knowledgeable candidate: http://www.dsareen.com/products/product_comparison.asp
as do these people: http://www.absims.com/ABServic/TSTrain.html -- but I don't know either one of them, so I'm offering no endorsements... :)

May 31, 2005 1:48 PM

Our clients that use Timeslips, love it for the reporting, but all of them are frustrated that it takes a consultant to use it or make changes to it. I've not found a really good online resource for it but I have found a few really good consultants that help clients in various parts of the country.

Even the ability to import and export took me tracking down the VP of development to get the answers that I needed. They name their fields very oddly and they don't have all of the fields available for import even though they're in the software.

Lisa

May 31, 2005 2:42 PM

Lisa captured my sentiments exactly. There must be bazillions of users of this software (I've used it for nearly 20 years) and you would think that they would have thought enough to put together a bulletin board to share ideas and troubleshoot problems. Nothing irks me more than paying a few hundred dollars for upgrades every year or so and then having to pay for support for some minor niggling issue that someone else has probably already figured out.

August 29, 2012 8:03 AM

I've been a Timeslips user for many years and agree with the comments above; I've spent 4 hours (unsuccessfully) trying to figure out how to restore a feature which somehow got eliminated (of using the right sidebar arrow to move to the next, preceding, last or first record). Can anyone tell me what to do? I've tried restoring to default position and this doesn't work. Are these arrows "navigational" items or are they called something else? Are there any support groups? Is anyone interested in joining - I'll set up a support bulletin-board type website for users, which I'll call timeslipsusers.com (I registered the domain name just now, on 8/29/12) at 9am EST. Please let me know (BY EMAIL) how we can get users into the group. Many thanks. Carl E Person, a very long-term Timeslips user.

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Comments 1-4 of 4 | Latest Comment

You must login to discuss this item.

Please log in or register to participate in this community!

Remember

Not a member? Sign up!

Did you forget your password?

You can also log in using OpenID.

close this window
close this window