If you still think of LinkedIn as a job hunting / recruiting site or you think of it as just another social media network that doesn’t work for software company marketers, I’ve got news for you. Big changes have occurred. Did I say big? I meant HUGE.
Just look at these numbers. This info comes from a variety of sources including Neilson Online, UTM, Gartner, Forrester and LinkedIn itself.
A motherload of the right people
As of January 2013, LinkedIn has 200 million members and it’s estimated that a new person joins LinkedIn every second. Current members include:
- 2 million C-level executives
- 5.5 million technology managers
- 44,402 purchasing agents (as of this morning)
- Executives from all Fortune 500 companies
- 60% are either decision makers in their companies or have direct influence over key decisions related to product or service purchases.
- 88% of IT buyers use LinkedIn for professional use